The Council of Scientific Industrial Research (CSIR) has secured 12th position among the best government institutions in the world, according to a report.
Who holds the first position?
Out of 746 institutions, France’s National Centre for Scientific Research was ranked first followed by Chinese Academy of Science, China.
The institutes were ranked by a prestigious Scimago Institutions rankings that ranks institutes based on the research performance, innovation and social impact.
Overall global ranking of CSIR- 99
- “CSIR had improved its position among government institutes after being at 14th spot for three consecutive years,” CSIR officials said
- The overall global ranking of CSIR also improved from 110 to 99th position.
- Established in 1942, Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) is the largest research and development (R&D) organisation in India
- It is an autonomous body registered under the Registration of Societies Act of 1860 and it runs 37 laboratories and 39 field stations across the country
- Its research includes in the field of aerospace engineering, structural engineering, ocean sciences, life sciences, metallurgy and other areas
- “CSIR has developed 1,376 technologies during the last decade of